Here are some of the things that I will be committing to in 2017:
- For everyday where I don’t consume alcohol, I will donate 20p to charity. I don’t consider my self a big drinker, but as someone teetering on the edge of diabetes it’s probably not a smart idea to drink too much anyway. Of course it’s highly unlikely that the charity will receive £70 due to my abstention, but let’s see how far I get.
- For everyday where I consume no chocolates or biscuits, that will be a further 20p per day.
- I’m not a big consumer of McD’s or KFC. I enjoy them occasionally, but then hate myself afterwards. For each month where I don’t consume one of these culinary masterpieces that will be £5 towards my charity.
- While we’re at it, let’s throw in Coca Cola and other carbonated sugary drinks. That will be 10p per day.
- I don’t work in a city, so the temptation to spend money at Starbucks or Café Nero isn’t that high. However over the course of a year I’ve probably spent £60, so every month without one will be £5 towards charity.
- Hardest one to date is bread. This includes toast. I’m debating whether to extend it to crumpets. I maybe have a couple of slices a day, so we’ll call it 10p for every day that I go without a slice.
I’m sure there will be more things that I come up with.
Finally I entered 2017 weighing 88.3kg. It sounds even heavier in pre-decimalisation stones and pounds. I will be interested to see what the impact of the above has on my weight.